After purchasing an oriental rug form Royal Oriental Rugs, there are probably many questions that are going through your mind. One of those questions may be whether or not you are supposed to vacuum these pieces. And if so, how often. Don’t worry! We have all the answers you are looking for. We are the experts to trust when it comes to rugs for sale.
Is It Safe?
Our answer is that it really depends. For one, it depends on the type of material your new rug is made out of. Secondly, it depends on the type of vacuum you own. But either way, vacuuming is highly recommended to ensure your favorite rug lasts you as long as you want it to!
You must make sure you vacuum weekly or bi-weekly. This ultimately depends on where you live and how often you’re walking on the rug. If you live in a dusty area, or your rug is in a high foot-traffic room in your home, you should probably vacuum your rug on a weekly basis. If your rug is in a room used only for the fanciest of occasions, vacuuming bi-weekly will likely suffice.
But whatever you do, make sure you’re preventative with your carpet care. You don’t want to wait until the last moment when you can see the dirt and dust collecting on your beloved rug. Take action ahead of time.
Helpful Tips For Vacuuming Oriental Rugs
- Use a lightweight vacuum.
- Lightweight canister vacuums are the best vacuum types that are mild enough to clean your delicate rug properly. Don’t use any industrial vacuums, as they can potentially damage your rug.
- If you think your vacuum might be too heavy-duty for an antique family heirloom, trust yourself. That’s why there are professional rug cleaners, anyways. Let us do the dirty work — literally.
- Don’t forget the back!
- This may sound a bit strange, but don’t just vacuum the front-facing side of your rug. You want to vacuum the underside, too!
- You don’t have to do this as regularly as you would with the side that gets walked on, but every couple of weeks will remove any dust and dirt that collects underneath the rug. This will help preserve your Oriental rug for the long-term.
- Vacuum horizontally.
- Moving your vacuum from side-to-side ensures that dirt and dust are being collected, but without messing up the design of your rug. Also remember to avoid the fringes of your rug, if it has them, as you could potentially damage or ruin them with the suctioning power of the vacuum.
Call Us For Rugs For Sale
Make sure your rug gets the best pet odor removal in Tampa! You can trust us when it comes to home area rug cleaning. We understand the value that an oriental rug can have, which is why we ensure that our rugs are of the highest quality possible. Whether you need to find a new rug to update your home or restore a rug you already have, Royal Oriental Rugs Tampa is here. Contact us today or stop by our store to see our amazing rugs for sale. We have the best rugs near me.