If you’ve never purchased a really nice rug before, it can feel like a bit of a nerve-wracking process. Taking care of a beautiful oriental rug can be a simple thing to do with the right cleaners and information. Whether you just received your new rug or haven’t pulled the trigger yet and just want to know what to expect, read on to learn more about how to take care of a rug and what to expect so that you can make the most of your investment for years to come. Royal Oriental Rugs is one of the top rug stores Tampa residents love. We provide a total rug cleaning service with pet odor and/or stain removal, hand cleaning, hand repair, and up to 2-% off rug services (cleaning & repair). Call Royal Oriental Rugs for your rug needs today!
FAQs About Using A Rug Cleaning Service And More
Here are some FAQs that we get about caring for a rug and what to expect:
- Are creases normal in new rugs?- The larger rugs that you can order are typically shipped folded to help with fast and easy fishing. Due to this, it’s common to sea noticeable lines or creases in new rugs. This is totally normal, and the creases will become less noticeable over time as the rug settled. The process can be expedited by making sure the rug is set up properly as soon as it arrives.
- How do I set up my new rug?- Depending on the material of the rug and severity of the field, it can take days or weeks for the rug to totally settle into place. To assist with this, you can:
- Remove it from its packing and unfold it immediately
- Fold the rug in the opposite direction of its current folds
- Vacuum the rug thoroughly after it’s unfolded
- Move heavy furniture on top of the rug and walk across it like normal.
- How should I clean my new rug?- If it’s a small spill, the key is to move quickly. Get rid of any solid debris, then soak up any liquids with a clean cloth. For larger spills, it is best to take your rug to a professional rug cleaner like Royal Oriental Rugs, one of the top rug stores Tampa residents love.
More FAQs On Rug Care
- How often should I vacuum my rug?- Vacuuming your rug regularly is an important aspect of keeping it looking great. How often you decide to vacuum will depend a lot on the material of your rug and how much traffic it sees. The majority of rugs can be vacuumed every 1 to 2 week, while in high-traffic areas you may want to vacuum up to twice a day. You can also always decide to get your rug regularly cleaned by professionals.
- Is it normal for rugs to shed?- For the first few weeks, it’s possible that your new rug may shed, and some materials may shed more than others. If your rug is shedding, you should vacuum a little more until the shedding stops or slows.
Contact Us Today
Royal Oriental Rugs is a top rug cleaning service offering a range of rug services. Call Royal Oriental Rugs, one of the rug stores Tampa residents love, to make an appointment today!