Your home has many rooms. Each of them is unique in size and style. Because of this, it is very important to compliment them with a beautiful Persian rug to add a touch of elegance to the interior design. At Royal Oriental Rugs, we have various styles and designs of lavish rugs that are sure to impress you. Our experts are here to let you know how each room in your home can benefit from our wondrous rugs. We offer the best Persian rugs for sale in Tampa, as well as Oriental rug cleaning St Petersburg FL.
It Is All About Size
One of the most critical questions you need to ask yourself before you start your rug search is:
“What rug sizes do I need for each room?”
Whether you are buying the rug first and using it as inspiration for the room, or buying the rug last and using it to tie all the elements of the room together, getting the size right is the first step. When the rug is the right size it creates a properly balanced room. Remember, your rug is the anchor and foundation to the space. Proportion is key.
Exactly how much flooring should show around your rug is up for debate and is really your preference. Using a bed sheet folded to different sizes is a great way to visualize how different sized rugs will look in your room. This will give you a good idea of how much floor is covered with each different size and if the room still feels in balance. In most situations, we do not want to carpet the room, nor do we want our rug to look like a deserted island floating in the middle of a grand sea of wood! Also, be sure to ask us about Oriental rug cleaning St Petersburg FL.
What Persian Rugs for Sale Are Right For Each Room
- The living room
- Depending on your personal taste, the rug can go under or in front of the sofa. Both locations do wonders. You just want to make sure that the rugs length is covering the length of the couch. Take what you consider the center of your room and visualize framing that space. How big does your frame extend? Do you want to tie all the seating together? In smaller areas, you can get away with having the rug just in front of the sofa, but it’s really up to your personal preference. We find that in larger rooms, space is anchored better when the rug goes under the sofa and comes out on the sides. This really works well with sectional sofas.
- The dining room
- The key to a rug under your dining room table is making sure the chairs are still comfortably on the rug when pulled out and away from the table. You do not want your chairs half on half off the rug when pulled out.
- Try this:
- Go to your table and pull out all of the chairs like you are going to sit down.
- Leave them out.
- Take a tape measure and measure just beyond where your chairs are.
- This is the minimum size you would want.
- The bedroom
- The bedroom offers many options for rug placement. We have found that the preferred and most popularly accepted way is to lay the rug perpendicular to the bed, and pulling it half way under, stopping before your side tables. This maximizes the amount of useable rug, while giving you soft, plush goodness to stand on when getting out of bed.
Visit Us Today
When it comes to the best Persian rugs for sale, Royal Oriental Rugs has all the tips and technique to get the most out of your rug. Our oriental rugs Tampa location is located in Tampa. Call or contact us today for more information. We offer the best Oriental rug cleaning St Petersburg FL.